Hello my fellow Rancho Cucamongians,
Thought I'd share the latest water restrictions currently in place to counter-act the ongoing drought here in California...
New water use restrictions that are now in place include:
Rancho Cucamonga Limits on Watering
- If your address ends in an ODD number, only water on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- If your address ends in an EVEN number, only water on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- NO WATERING on Mondays.
- Another restriction, specifically from the SWRCB, is no landscape watering within 48 hours of a rain event.
Additional water use restrictions that remain in place for Rancho Cucamonga are
- Outdoor watering allowed only between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m.
- No hosing of paved surfaces, such as driveways, sidewalks and asphalt.
- Use a shutoff nozzle on all hoses. If you do not have one, you can pick one up at the CVWD Customer Service counter.
- Fountains and water features must use recirculating water systems.
- Repair all leaks immediately.
- Ensure there is no sprinkler overspray, runoff or excessive irrigation.
The Rancho Cucamonga Water District currently has a fine schedule in place
- First violation: written warning.
- Second violation: the District shall impose a penalty of $50 added to the customer's water bill.
- Third violation: the District shall impose a penalty of $100 added to the customer's water bill.
- Fourth and subsequent violations: the District shall impose a penalty of $150 added to the customer's water bill.
Let's do our part to help conserve water and not be fined! Get the latest water conservation updates at Cucamonga Valley Water District.